Thursday, March 10, 2011

Brandy's Thoughts on Spring Time at her Amish Country Ohio Bed and Breakfast

My favorite part of being the four-legged innkeeper at an Amish Country Ohio bed and breakfast is going to the evening campfires.  This winter has kept me locked inside each evening.  We've had snow, ice, rain, and had to cancel a lot of campfires.  The bed and breakfast guests didn't seem to mind staying in and enjoying their Jacuzzi or fireplace or playing games.  As for me, I love Spring (and Summer and Fall too)!  Our Amish neighbor raises horses and I love to watch them in the field next door.  We also have some bunny rabbits living under our sheds that keep me amused.  My favorite part of Spring is going outside to the nightly campfires!  I like to make my rounds to each guest.  I just look at them with my big brown eyes and they usually pet me.  After I visit all of the guests I lay down in the cool grass and watch the people and look around.  The tulips and daffodils are blooming, sometimes we see a calf in the field next door, and I get to watch the Amish buggies driving down the road past my Amish Country bed and breakfast.
Our guests like to visit the greenhouses to take some flowers and vegetables home to plant, but sometimes they bring something else back.  They have leftovers from the restaurants that they don't want to take home and I get some chicken or roast beef or some other treat!
Another great thing about Spring is that our bed and breakfast guests like to sit outside on the porch swings, gliders or rocking chairs.  If I bug the other innkeepers enough they will take me outside and I can visit with the guests sitting outside.
Campfire and porch swings aren't the only good things about visiting our bed and breakfast in the Spring but you'll have to talk to the other innkeepers for details about those things.
Please come visit my Amish Country Ohio bed and breakfast and ask for Brandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment